Bedford Spring Fling Jackpot Show kicks off in less than 2 weeks. Here’s all you need to know to make the most of your weekend in Bedford County, PA. From places to stay, food recommendations, and things to do I have you covered. I’m happy to be the official livestock photographer for the show and as I local resident I know a few things about the area.
If this is your first trip to Bedford Spring Fling, welcome. Here’s what you need to know:
- The fairgrounds has racing most Friday nights throughout the spring and summer. If you plan on arriving late Friday night, be prepared that the races will still be running.
- Pack your ON clouds, the fairgrounds is located on a hill. More than likely you’ll park the trailer on the hill and be hiking up and down the hill to the show ring. I’m sure you are laughing at this but if you’ve ever been to the fairgrounds you understand.
- New for this year the jackpot show will be using a declared weight system.
- The Bedford County Fairgrounds is conveniently located close to PA Turnpike and US 220. Downtown Bedford is minutes away and offers plenty of shopping and dining options. Forgot something, Walmart is a 10 min drive.
The schedule for the weekend is as follows:
10:00 am goat showmanship followed by market show, after the conclusion of the goat show white face cross will kick off the sheep show. Then black face cross show and the day will conclude with sheep showmanship
10:30 am pig showmanship, followed by purebreds and the crossbred show
Local Favorite Restaurants
Jean Bonnet Tavern – You’re invited to share in the long tradition of hospitality, good food and drink, at this 1760s historic landmark. The flavor of the Jean Bonnet Tavern is traditionally inspired, yet eclectic. Delicious foods are carefully selected and expertly prepared for a pleasant dining experience.
HeBrews Coffee Company – If local coffee shops are your jam swing into Hebrews prior to the show. From cappuccinos, lattes and mochas to tea and fruit smoothies, their menu offers a wide selection of specialty drinks with something for everyone!
Horn O Plenty – The menu revolves around freshly harvested ingredients from their farm and other local family farms. Nestled in a charming 1730’s log and stone cabin, the wood-fired oven is at the heart of their open kitchen. Try their wood fired pizzas to go!
Looking for a place to stay Friday night? The Hampton Inn or Fairfield Inn & Suites are both options for a place to crash. If you’re bringing the camper Friendship Village is located 10 min west of the fairgrounds for a Memorial Day weekend camping trip.
- Hampton Inn 4235 Business Route 220, Bedford, PA 15522
- Fairfield Inn & Suites 4436 Business Route 220, Bedford, PA 15522
Late entries are accepted through the morning of the show. Head to the Showman app to enter. Find all your photos from the show at www.meganandersonphoto.com or click here. Did I miss something? Comment below and I will answer any questions about the area.